Monday, December 18, 2006

December 18, 2006

Tomorrow is my birthday...I'll be 31. I know it seems like an odd birthday to be excited about, but I've been looking forward to this birthday since I turned 30. Turning 30 was difficult...not b/c I was leaving my 20's but b/c of personal shit that was clouding my life. I was too sad to enjoy it.

31 seems brighter, more anticipated, better- nothing is holding me back. I'm free to be whoever and do whatever I want. I'm anxious to see what I'll do. It's nice to be excited about my life again. I feel like once I'm 31 and the new year is under way, all the ghosts will fade, the anger will be gone, my heart will reopen, my spirit will be whole. It may be wishful thinking that a birthday and a new year will some how make everything better- erase all the bad.....sometimes wishing is better than doing nothing.

No comments: